Monday, July 16, 2012

CHANGWON BY DAY


CHANGWON BY DAY


I had a little bit of free time before I had fully started my job so I took a very short, very small walking tour of Changwon just to get a feel for the city.





This is called Fountain Park. My building is the blue one behind it

Trees right in the middle of the Sangnam- Fountain Park in the background












































Amazingly there has been quite a bit of western influence. In the Sangnam alone you can find McDonalds (they deliver), Burger King, Paris Baguette, KFC, Pizza Hut, Domino’s, Starbucks, Dunkin’ Donuts even Popeye’s.

McDonalds and Popeye's

















I found a nice park and some neighborhoods with some interesting architecture. Koreans are very fitness oriented so in many parks there is work out equipment that anyone is free to use.

















Statue at the park




















Work out Equip. - If you look closely there's a guy in blue working out





Badminton Courts











































A very colorful tunnel/underpass
















It had been a long day. All I wanted to do was then rest and watch some Korean baseball.

Korea's most popular team: Busan's Lotte Giants

1 comment:

  1. I love the free fitness equipment outside! Its like Venice Beach

    ReplyDelete