Thursday, July 12, 2012

THE JOURNEY BEGINS


THE JOURNEY BEGINS

Slippers courtesy of Asiana Air
'



I left for a year-long contract teaching English in a Hagwon (a private, after-school English academy) in Changwon, South Korea. 


Here is how my journey began.


I flew on Asiana Air where they give you headphones and slippers for your comfort in the cabin









Customs at Seoul Incheon









After a 10 hour flight where I enjoyed 2 meals and 4 movies (2 Korean, 2 American) I arrived in Seoul Incheon International Airport. From there I went through customs, retrieved my bag and hopped on the A'Rex Metro train to take my next flight from Seoul Gimpo (think O'Hare then getting to Midway). The A'Rex was very roomy and had flat screen TVs. I arrived at Seoul Gimpo with plenty of time to catch my 1 hour flight to Busan. After I arrived in Busan, I took the 40 minute cab ride to Changwon and was met with the vibrant lights of this very happening and busy city....







A'Rex train
Changwon at night in the Sangnam (downtown)

No comments:

Post a Comment